© Copyright 2022 COMMUNITY INITIATIVES AGAINST FAMILY VIOLENCE
- This event has passed.
5 Day Violence Risk Assessment & Management Workshop
January 18, 2016 - January 22, 2016$1200.00
The Edmonton Police Service is pleased to host ProActive ReSolutions who will deliver the Violence Risk Assessment and Management Workshop. This 5 day workshop will provide training in advanced principles of threat assessment; high level skills related to report writing, risk communication and expert testimony; effective implementation of threat assessment procedures in light of organization policies, procedures and operational requirements.
- Advanced principles of threat assessment and management
- Writing short reports
- Writing long reports
- Communicating oral reports and conducting expert testimony
- Implementation of threat assessment procedures
o Focuses on constraints due to organizational policies, procedures, and operational requirements Includes discussion of:
- Triaging for violence risk to determine when comprehensive assessment is necessary
- Legal issues (e.g., human rights, privacy and information sharing, occupational health and safety)
- Implementation of violence risk assessment tools (e.g., multiple tools, competing assessments)
- Establishment and operation of threat assessment or behavioural intervention teams (e.g., training, liaison with external agencies)
**Please note that attendees must have completed the HCR-20, RSVP, B-SAFER, etc. or the 5 day** foundational training course prior to attending this workshop.
Registration: Registration is limited so please register early with your name, agency and email address to: [email protected] // Phone: (780) 421-2862 **Confirmation and Joining Instructions will only be sent to participants upon receipt of payment**
Cost: $1200.00 (+GST) includes coffee, soft drinks, water and light snacks daily (Does not include meals or accommodations). Cheques made payable to Violence Risk Assessment and Management Workshop may be mailed: Edmonton Police Service / Continuing Education Unit, Attention: A/Sgt Neil North 9620 103A Avenue Edmonton, AB T5H 0H7
Course Location: ALERT West Campus Building 18807 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB Hours: Monday January 18 – Friday January 22 from 09:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Accommodations in close proximity to ALERT:
Marriott Courtyard Edmonton West 10011 – 184 Street NW, Edmonton, AB Tel: 1-780-638-6070 Wingate by Wyndham 18220 – 100 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB Tel: 1-800-228-1000
For More Information about the course content or training pre-requisites please contact
Det. Chris Hayduk ([email protected]) Behavioral Assessment Unit // Phone: (780) 509-3924 or S/Sgt. Jason Thomas ([email protected]) Targeted Offender Section// Phone: (780) 509-3928