© Copyright 2022 COMMUNITY INITIATIVES AGAINST FAMILY VIOLENCE
- This event has passed.
Diverse Voices Conference
November 9, 2015 - November 10, 2015257.25$
The 2015 Diverse Voices Family Violence planning committee is pleased to present a conference that considers the impact of Family Violence across generations and cultures.
Speakers will Address Topics Under the Following Themes:
- Community Response
- Ethno cultural
Keynote Speakers and Session Titles
- Jeffrey Bucholtz – It’s No Joke: The Cultural Acceptability of Stalking
- Lundy Bancroft – Providing Effective Assistance to Children Affected by Domestic Violence
- Michael Kaufmann – The Transformation of Fatherhood: The Key to Ending Family Violence
- Brian Keating – Keystone Relationships- Motivational
Sample of Workshop Sessions for this Year’s Conference
- Violence Connected: The Overlap of Domestic Violence and Gang Violence
- The Wonders and Woes of Technology: How does it affect families and domestic violence victims?
- Compounding the Complexities of Family Violence with Immigration
- Violence against women in Rural Communities
Early Bird Fee, until Oct.19, 2015 $225.00 + $11.25 GST $236.25
Registration Fee, from Oct. 20, 2015 $245.00 + $12.25 GST $257.25
Hotel reservations please call: Telephone: (780) 444-3000 Toll Free: 1-800-RESERVE (737-3783)
The Diverse Voices Family Violence Conference has reserved a limited number of rooms, please quote the following Room Block Code Number: 5143424.