© Copyright 2023 COMMUNITY INITIATIVES AGAINST FAMILY VIOLENCE
- This event has passed.
How to Prevent Crime through Social Development
February 14, 2018 - February 16, 2018FREE
The Canadian Municipal Network on Crime Prevention (CMNCP) and REACH Edmonton are presenting a three-day Crime Prevention Training opportunity!
This interactive training session is intended to provide learners with information, skills and capacity in comprehensive community safety strategies and upstream crime prevention through social development.
The training will include presentations, group discussions and activities around:
- Conducting or guiding local safety audits/diagnosis
- Creating comprehensive community safety plans
- Identifying, selecting, adopting and implementing evidence-based and promising crime prevention programs
- Engaging meaningfully with community stakeholders and creating cross-sectoral collaborations
- Developing and implementing evaluation plans
- Understanding the advantages of and barriers to Centres of Responsibility
Who should take this training:
- Municipal employees who are in a position where they initiate, guide or implement municipally-led comprehensive community safety strategies in Canadian municipalities
- Individuals who work in leading and/or collaborative roles with municipalities to implement municipally-led comprehensive community safety strategies in Canadian municipalities
- Individuals who may be in a position in the future (see first bullet point)
For more information, please visit the Canadian Municipal Network on Crime Prevention website.