- This event has passed.
“Putting on the Ritz” – LGBTQ Seniors in the Community
November 22, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm UTC+7
Date: Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Time: Lunch 11:30 am, Speaker 12 pm – 2 pm
Location: Sage Auditorium, 15 Sir Winston Churchill Square
(NW corner of 100 St. & 102A Ave)
Following a 2013/14 survey of Edmonton LGBTQ persons aged 55 years and older, the Edmonton Pride Senior Group developed a training presentation for senior programs, centres, and housing to assist staff and their organizations to ‘Put on the Ritz’ in appropriately, graciously, and warmly welcoming older queer folks.
The discussion will cover: the major components of a staff training presentation, useful techniques, and vocabulary. Be sure that your organization is rolling out the red (or rainbow) carpet!
- To create an awareness of LGBTQ seniors.
- Provide an overview of a training program to assist organizations/staff to welcome older LGBTQ adults.
- Engage in techniques and activities to ‘roll out’ the carpet and welcome LGBTQ older adults in services, centres, programming and senior housing.
Eric Storey, BCom, BSW, RSW and Kristy Harcourt, Education Coordinator for the Pride Centre of Edmonton.
Cost: $30.00 includes lunch. Registration closes: November 14, 2016
Please be advised refunds for cancellations will only be granted if request to cancel is received prior to November 7, 2016.
Submit your registration ONLINE: Visit www.mysage.ca Events PIP
- Please contact Emily Weisbrot if you have any questions at 780.701.9009 or [email protected].
- Information is available on the Sage website at www.mysage.ca Events PIP
- Please circulate this invitation to all staff within your work place.
Edmonton City Centre-East parkade: 100 St & 102A Ave
Stanley A Milner Library Parkade: by the Westin Hotel – 100 St & 101A Ave
Citadel: 100A St & 101 Ave