© Copyright 2023 COMMUNITY INITIATIVES AGAINST FAMILY VIOLENCE
- This event has passed.
Refugee Awareness for Enhanced Service Delivery
March 29, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+7FREE
* Refugee Awareness for Enhanced Service Delivery is a project by the Centre for Race and Culture to provide accurate and comprehensive information about refugees to host communities. This workshop will support individuals and organizations in understanding the pre-migration experiences of refugees, offer practical tools for working with refugee families, and provide ideas for creating welcoming and inclusive environments that ensure sustainable and successful resettlement of refugees in Alberta.
The key learning objectives of the workshop are to:
- Learn about refugee pathways and the global and historical contexts to the most recent resettlement efforts
- Describe barriers and opportunities when working with refugee individuals and families
- Practice using reflective and analytical tools to build their inclusive and equitable practices for refugee individuals and families
- Plan for modifications to policies or service-delivery practices to create more inclusive environments