© Copyright 2023 COMMUNITY INITIATIVES AGAINST FAMILY VIOLENCE
- This event has passed.
Translating Trauma Informed Principles Into Practice Workshop
September 19, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm UTC+7$50.00
Trauma Informed Edmonton has partnered with Line Perron & Chelsea Hobbs of Early Childhood Development Support Services (ECDSS) to present a one-day workshop for frontline workers, who have not had much training regarding trauma.
This workshop acknowledges the prevalence and significant impact of trauma in an individual’s life and aims to inform service providers how to apply a trauma-informed lens to their current practice. Learning to deliver services in this way will allow service providers to appreciate the context in which their clients live without contributing to these traumatic experiences.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define trauma and understand the different types of trauma
- Identify the signs and symptoms of trauma
- Define and understand trauma-informed practice
- Identify the main principles of trauma-informed practice
- Understand how to implement trauma-informed principles into their own practice
- Recognize the impact working with trauma can have on a practitioner and understand the importance of self-care and reflective practice
This one-day workshop is facilitated by Line Perron & Chelsea Hobbs.
Cost of the workshop: $50 (cost includes refreshments and lunch)