The Alberta Legal Information Society would like your feedback about the family violence section of theLegalAve.ca website. We are currently working to add video and visual enhancements to the family violence pages. We want to ensure that we highlight the legal information that will be most useful to victims of family violence.
If you have a moment to provide your feedback, we would be very grateful! We would love to hear your thoughts about things like:
- What legal information victims need the most at the outset
- What confuses or overwhelms victims about their legal matters
- What input you have about the style of the videos/images that will allow for the best communication with victims of family violence (for example, images to avoid or how to make communication easier to retain)
In addition to the general questions above, we welcome specific feedback about which areas of our information pages you would want to highlight for your clients. We could then promote them in the videos or images as something important to read and learn about. Here are links to two of the pages related to family violence:
- Family Violence & the Legal Process – an overview of things to consider/expect when navigating the legal system as a victim of family violence
- Protective Orders – an overview of civil and criminal protective order options in Alberta (including forms and directions on the Process tab)
If you are interested, there are several more family violence topics on LegalAve. Those can be found here.
Feedback would be appreciated by Friday, June 2, 2017.
Thanks in advance for your help in making LegalAve more accessible and helpful for victims of family violence.